- About us
- Be Safe
- Children’s Environmental Health Program
- Prevent Fracking Harms
- Focus on Schools
CHEJ Organizing Services
Since our founding, CHEJ’s experienced organizing staff has helped thousands of community groups form, grow and win local fights. We provide personal assistance over the phone, in person, and over the Internet, to help individuals form a group, define their goals, and develop a plan to acheive them. By providing groups with the tools they need to organize and win, CHEJ assists community based groups in carrying out their fights in their own self-sufficient way.
So that we can best assist you, please call CHEJ at (703) 237-2249.
Whether it’s blocking a proposed asphalt plant, stopping the expansion of a landfill, blocking a school from being built on contaminated land, CHEJ believes that the most effective way to bring about change is through grassroots community organizing.
We help people raised to believe that you can’t fight City Hall to become savvy activists that can affect policy decisions at the city, state and national levels.
We can assist you by:
- Providing the information you need to understand the technical issues and questions you have about chemical exposures.
- Providing scientists to review technical documents and to speak to you on the phone or via the Internet to understand the information.
- Teaching you how to organize in your neighborhood and form a group with a united voice.
- Working with you on the phone to start a group or keep one going once you’ve started.
- Working with your group to develop strategies to stop polluters.
- Developing ways to involve more people or make your group stronger.
- Showing your group how to hold accountable those people responsible for environmental problems in your community.
- Empowering groups with the tools they need to research, negotiate and win.
- Giving you the hope, encouragement, and the knowledge that you can bring about change.