- About us
- Be Safe
- Children’s Environmental Health Program
- Prevent Fracking Harms
- Focus on Schools
- Take Action
- Organizing to Win
- Organizing & Media Outreach
- Grassroots Organizing
- Principles of Organizing
- 10 Rules of Community Organizing
Since our founding, CHEJ’s experienced organizing staff has helped 12,000 community groups form, grow and win local fights. We provide personal assistance over the phone, in person, and over the Internet. Our skilled staff helps individuals form a group, the group define their goals, and develop a plan to achieve them. By providing groups with the tools they need to organize and win, CHEJ assists community based groups in carrying out their fights in their own self-sufficient way.
So that we can best assist you, please call CHEJ at (703) 237-2249.
Whether it’s blocking a proposed asphalt plant, stopping the expansion of a landfill, stopping a school from being built on contaminated land, CHEJ believes that the most effective way to bring about change is through grassroots community organizing.
CHEJ’s staff helps everyday people become savvy activists that can affect policy decisions at the city, state and national levels.
We can assist you by:
- Providing the information you need to understand the technical issues and questions you have about chemical exposures.
- Providing scientists to review technical documents and to speak to you on the phone or via the Internet to understand the information.
- Teaching you how to organize in your neighborhood and form a group with a united voice.
- Working with you to keep your group going once you’ve started.
- Working with your group to develop strategies to achieve your goals.
- Developing ways to involve more people to make your group stronger.
- Showing your group how to hold accountable those people responsible for environmental problem(s) in your community.
- Empowering groups with the tools they need to research, negotiate and win.
- Connect your group with other groups working on a similar issue, opponents or policy.
- Giving you the hope, encouragement, and the knowledge that you can bring about change.