- About us
- Be Safe
- Children’s Environmental Health Program
- Prevent Fracking Harms
- Focus on Schools
- Clean Up Superfund Toxic Waste Sites
- Full Cost Accounting
- Support a Dioxin Free Future
- Support a Nuclear Free Future
- True Cost Environmental Tool Kit
Support a Nuclear Free Future
Phase Out Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Power
Join a national network of groups working to eliminate nuclear weapons and oppose new nuclear power plants.
No More Hiroshimas
Every August 6th and 9th, the anniversaries of the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, thousands of people hold events and call for an end to the production of nuclear warheads. The events recognize the devastation caused by nuclear weapons and memorialize the many victims of bomb production at every step—from uranium mining to production, testing and use.
Contact these groups to find out how you can support the campaign to eliminate nuclear weapons.
- American Friends Service Committee
- Peace Action
- Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- United for Peace and Justice
Learn more about nuclear weapons
Check out BE SAFE brochures on “Depleted” Uranium Ammunition and New Nuclear Weapons Proposals.
Ask Your Representatives about Nuclear Weapons Issues
Check out the Guide on Bird-Dogging Candidates and Elected Officials on Nuclear Weapons Issues.
Support the Campaign for a Nuclear-Free Energy Future
New nuclear power plants are being proposed around the country. And Congress has proposed subsidies to help finance these dangerous reactors. Learn why nuclear power is dangerous by reading the BE SAFE brochure. Contact Nuclear Information Resource Service to find out how you can support the campaign for a nuclear-free energy future at www.nirs.org or 301-270-6477.
Is there a Nuclear Power Plant in Your Community?
These regional maps from Nuclear Information & Resource Service (NIRS) provide the location of nuclear power plants in America.
- Chesapeake Bay Water Shed (pdf)
- Great Lakes Basin (pdf)
- Mississippi River Basin (pdf)
- Northeastern United States (pdf)
- South Eastern United States (pdf)
- Western United States (pdf)