- About us
- Be Safe
- Children’s Environmental Health Program
- Prevent Fracking Harms
- Focus on Schools
Green Purchasing Toolkit
Municipal Green Purchasing Policies»
State Green Purchasing Policies»
How to Pass a Green Purchasing Policy
This CHEJ Fact Sheet walks you through all the steps to pass a Green Purchasing policy in your community.
How Groups Passed the Buffalo PBT-Free Purchasing Policy
This Case Study describes how groups successfully passed a policy in Buffalo, NY.
Buying Smart: Experiences of Municipal Green Purchasing Pioneers
This valuable report by the Green Purchasing Institute includes an overview of model policies, Recommendations for Implementing Green Purchasing policies and Greening Government Resource List.
- Los Angeles Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy
- Los Angeles Sustainable Practices Policy
- For more information on LA programs, visit the city website.
- New York City Reducing Hazardous Substances in Products Law
- New York City Environmental Purchasing Law
- New York City EPP Minimum Standards Report
- New York City EPP and Waste Prevention Progress Report
- New York City Green Cleaning Law
- New York City Clean Vehicles Law
- New York City Recycled Content Law
- New York City Pesticide Use Reduction Law
- New York City Energy Efficiency Law
- For more information on NYC programs, visit the city website.
- Portland & Multnomah County Sustainable Procurement Strategy Report
- Portland & Multnomah County Toxics Reduction Strategy
- Portland & Multnomah Sustainable Procurement Progress Report
- Portland Environmentally Preferable Procurement Policy
- Multnomah County Green Cleaning Policy
- Multnomah County Green Building Policy
- For more information on Multnomah programs, visit the county website.
- San Francisco Precautionary Purchasing Policy
- San Francisco Purchasing Progress Report
- San Francisco Purchasing Categories and Criteria
- San Francisco Food Containers and Services
- San Francisco Janitorial Cleaning Products
- San Francisco Janitorial Paper
- San Francisco Lamps and Ballasts
- San Francisco Office Paper
- San Francisco Alternatives to Arsenic-Treated Wood
- San Francisco Extended Producer Responsibility Policy
- San Francisco Fair Trade Policy
- San Francisco Integrated Pest Management Policy
- San Francisco Green Building Ordinance
- San Francisco Sweatfree Contracting Ordinance
- For more information on San Francisco programs, visit the city website.
- California Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Law
- California EPP Best Practices Manual
- For more information on CA purchasing programs, visit the state website
- Maine Safer Chemicals in Products Executive Order
- Maine Safer Chemicals in Products Task Force Report
- Maine Safer Chemicals in Products Law
- For more information on ME purchasing programs, visit the state website.
- Massachusetts Envionmentally Preferable Products Purchasing Program
- Massachusetts Five Chemicals Alternatives Assessment Study
- Guide to Recycled & Environmentally Preferable Products
- For more information on MA purchasing programs, visit the state website.
- NY State Agency Green Procurement Executive Order
- NY State Green Procurement Chemical Avoidance List
- New York School Green Cleaning Law
- New York State Green Cleaning Executive Order
- New Jersey Sustainable Practices and Purchasing Executive Order
- New Jersey Green Purchasing: A Guide for Local Governments