- About us
- Be Safe
- Children’s Environmental Health Program
- Prevent Fracking Harms
- Focus on Schools
- Help Us Create Healthy Schools!
- This Vinyl School
- PVC Free University
- Sam Suds and the Case of PVC, the Poison Plastic
- Betty the Be Safe Ducky
Help Us Create Healthy Schools!
CHEJ has kicked off a brand new PVC-free schools campaign to encourage schools to ditch the poison plastic in favor of safer alternatives. We need your help to make it a success!
We’ve created a series of new PVC-free schools fact-sheets to help educate parents, students and decision-makers on the dangers of PVC plastic:
- PVC, the Poison Plastic – Unhealthy for Our Nation’s Children and Schools: PDF | HTML
- Our Health and PVC – What’s the Connection?: PDF | HTML
- PVC Flooring and Toxic Cleaning Products: PDF | HTML
- Top Ten Reasons Your School Should Go PVC-Free: PDF | HTML
- PVC & Environmental Justice: PDF | HTML
- PVC Policies Around the World: PDF | HTML
Click the PDF links above to download the fact-sheets, or click HTML to view them as a web page.
Note – The downloadable fact-sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat or Reader, click here to download this free software.
Safer and cost-effective alternatives are already available for virtually every PVC product in our nation’s schools. Here’s how you can help today:
- Encourage your school to renovate or build their school with PVC-free building materials such as PVC-free linoleum flooring and TPO roofing.
- Encourage your school district, county or state to adopt a healthy PVC-free policy to avoid the use of PVC building materials and office supplies in favor of safer cost-effective alternatives.
- Educate parents, teachers and students! Organize a screening of Blue Vinyl and Sam Suds for your PTA, teacher’s union, or concerned students.
- Encourage organizations, such as PTA’s, teacher’s unions and parenting groups, to endorse the campaign or by passing a resolution.
- Go Back to school PVC-free! When buying your back-to-school supplies, shop for PVC-free products.
- Get involved today! If you’re interested in getting involved, or for more information, contact CHEJ at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-237-2249.