YES! The people of Clark County, Ohio showed up last night in force….
- Their Health District attendance counters stopped at 650, with more people coming in the door.
- US EPA’s Joan Tanaka said in all her 20 years’ work on Superfund sites, she had never seen such a huge crowd.
EPA’s purpose in coming to Clark County was to tell residents what information they wanted us to know….
- They listened politely to too many power point slides that were unreadable, too many reassurances that were not believable, and too much talking that glossed over or avoided the real questions.
Their united purpose last night was to tell EPA what they wanted them to know–and boy did they do just that.
In summary the people were clear that they:
- Do not and will not accept their proposed plan.
- Want all hazardous wastes permanently removed from the Tremont City Barrel Fill.
- Will continue to work with Ohio EPA and our elected leaders to change their remedy.
- Do not trust EPA, their reassurances, or their ability to protect our health and water source forever.
Our preference last night was made very clear….We want permanent removal of all hazardous wastes at the Barrel Fill.
U.S. EPA: Dig it up! Truck it out! Protect our water!