SC elementary reopening despite toxic ‘Trash Mountain’ fire

Share This Post

A South Carolina elementary is reopening for the first day of school despite a smoldering, toxic fire in a 50-foot trash pile at a nearby recycling center.
About 25 neighbors have evacuated from the neighborhood.
The Environmental Protection Agency has found at least one hazardous substance in the area: Acrolein. People can be exposed to that toxin by inhaling it or through skin or eye contact, and it can attack the respiratory system and heart, according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.  Read more.

More To Explore

10 Content Creation Tips for Non-Profits

By Gregory Kolen II. Content is an essential component for non-profit organizations, providing them with the ability to share their story and mission with the